Take 1 - The One Where We Tell You About Ourselves.Description: Brief synopsis of how we met, how we came to these books, what the heck we are doing with this podcast (hint - your guess is as good as ours!), and some general impressions on the All Souls Trilogy. We are the ladies behind Daemons Domain - we are simply removing the curtain and giving you a peek at us; geeky, nerdy fan girls ('girls' <- HA! Correction: 'girls at heart' would be a better description of us, but in our heads we remain just what we said, "girls").
SPOILER ALERT! We (The Daemons) approach this podcast with an assumption that the listener has read The All Souls Trilogy, including A Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night, and The Book of Life. If you haven't, and you don't mind, we certainly don't mind! :) Let's do this.
Find Daemons Discuss: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | RSS Feed | All the Ways to Listen & Subscribe
1. Show notes:1. For newcomers to the series:
We'll start with the basics: The books in discussion are A Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night and The Book of Life. Together they make The All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness.
- Our Daemon Guides to the All Souls Trilogy are available for download: ADOW, SON, TBOL
- If you'd like a ready-reference from the author herself, be sure to download the All Souls Real-Time Reading companion (free e-book at online booksellers via Penguin and Headline books).
- Deborah Harkness usually conducts a real-time reading on her Facebook Page (starting in September), and shares her posts across social media. Check out her website for all of her social media links, and of course all that she has to offer her readers!
- For All Souls chapter-by-chapter reading/commentary visit The All Souls Podcast.
- To see what's available on the web as far as the All Souls universe fandom, check our links page.
2. In this episode (not necessarily in order):
- For an overview of what Angela covered in the news portion visit our latest RRR (Ridiculously Random Recap)
- View our Summer 2016 giveaways.
- Our starter-venture: Armitage4Clairmont
- Visit The Tenth Knot, A Feast for All Souls, AllSoulsCon. The "various pages & groups" mentioned are available in our links section.
- Our "off the beaten path" Prince tribute can be read --> here.
|Château de Murol, Auvergne|
- To see our podcast page visit DaemonsDiscuss.com (not much listed there right now, but that's where we plan to list our episodes) - FYI, it's still Daemons Domain, but it's an easy way to go directly to the podcast page.
- Château de Murol, Auvergne - the name of which Valerie expressed that she didn’t dare pronounce, but Angela did unabashedly - is Deb’s inspiration for La Pierre in A Discovery of Witches.
- Tune in next time - we are going to talk about vampires!
- *Note to listeners: we are working on our audio quality! Our individual acoustics (at this point) may vary. We will get better, we promise!
- * Special thanks goes to Laura (of TTK & ASC) for being our beta-listener. Laura, thank you for your discretion from all of those months ago when we shared our tentative plans. Thank you for your encouraging words which aided in giving us the courage to click "record". Finally, thank you for your kind words after listening. Let's hope you're right! :)
3. Whoops! - (Corrections)
- 2:32; Angela said the "About Me" tab when referring to The Tenth Knot's location for the real-time reading calendars. That's been moved since we've recorded. It's now under the "Books and Downloads" Tab.
2. Your Feedback:Did you enjoy the podcast? Be sure to subscribe to our posts...this way you'll never miss it when we publish a new podcast! If you are an iOS (Apple), or Android (various manufacturers including, Samsung, HTC, LG, Droid, etc.) user, be sure to download, subscribe and rate in iTunes, Stitcher and/or Google play - for a full list, go here - that would help us out a great deal!
Would you like to leave us some feedback? Do you have a question? Do you have something to add to what we discussed? No fear! You can! We ask for constructive criticism, though, if you are going go down that road. We can take it! Non-constructive criticism, well . . . let's just say that the 'delete' button will come in handy for that. ;)
Twitter: You can touch base with us on Twitter (we are @DaemonsDomain ... when you tweet, just include the hashtag: #DaemonsDiscuss with your comments -- oh, and if you like what you hear, follow us too!)
Facebook: You can comment on our Facebook post of this episode
Email: You can also contact us using this email form below. Please make sure to let us know if it's OK to read your email (or a portion of it) on future podcasts. If not, that's perfectly fine, too. Just let us know! Also, if you sign up for our "Discuss" email list, we may send you the subject matter of a future podcast ahead of time - this way your inputs may even get included while we record!
Thanks for listening!
Until next time...
* Intro music: "Ghost Dance" (edited down to second chorus) by Kevin Macleod, licensed for use by Creative Commons.
* News intro: by AwesomeMusicVideos21; provided for fair-use/royalty-free.
* Outro music: Rimsky-Korsakov - "Scheherazade Symphonic Suite for Orchestra Op.35 - IV. Allegro molto," Public
* Cover art (+ all variations associated w/ it): © Daemons Domain
* The Daemons Discuss podcast is hosted and produced by the owners (Angela, Jean and Valerie) of Daemons Domain and can also be found by entering the url http://www.DaemonsDiscuss.com in your browser, (listed on the various podcast syndicates like iTunes, Stitcher, etc.) which will redirect you back to the parent site, Daemons Domain.
* Our episode titles are a loving tribute to the show "Friends" just 'cause we love Friends and - let's face it - it's easier! Here's how one of the show creators explains their reasoning:
Jeff Greenstein: "When Marta & David & Jeff & I did 'Dream On', we used to spend a lot of time thinking about titles, because they were on-screen at the top of each episode. On "Friends", we decided that was a waste of time. We figured, why not name each episode after the thing that people will ostensibly be talking about around the water-cooler the next day?"
Follow us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Tumblr - Instagram - Subscribe